Mission and Objectives
The Eco-Bicester team and their partners have been pioneering new ways of developing communities and new ways of delivering a vision for a sustainable town. They have attracted some £3 million of research money to the town, including major finance from the Government’s energy department DECC and Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency.
We want to see all of the learning and innovation happening in Bicester captured and made available to all. We want to see further innovation, new ways of doing things and also to assess how well we are doing in creating a great place to live.
We are bringing all of the innovation and R&D projects together in one virtual home, this website, called the Eco Bicester Living Lab. Its mission is to:
- Bring world-leading research and innovation into sustainable buildings and communities within Bicester to enable the creation of a truly sustainable town for the 21st century.
- Build a framework of learning and improvement for the various sustainable initiatives and programmes.
- Capture the learning from this, to help and encourage a widespread transition to sustainable communities across the UK and around the world.
- To provide a focused platform for advances in solutions to sustainability as applied and tested in Eco-Bicester.
- To promote the Eco-Bicester Living Lab as a centre for research and innovation
Eco Bicester Living Lab fulfills this mission by:
- Showcasing publications, monitoring results and learning from the Living Lab case studies
- Organising an annual dissemination event on cross-cutting themes
- Hosting Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
- Offering student research projects at a PhD level
- Acting as a launch pad for new research and innovation projects for which we welcome new partners.
- Securing external funding for future projects
- Hosting study days for partners working in Bicester
- Facilitating cross fertilisation of knowledge and experience between business, academia, social enterprise and community action.